Monday, June 9, 2008

A little story about a kitchen fire, housing and learning to lean



You know we had a fire...you know it happened an entire month ago now...and you know that housing is trying to kill me. Not literally, but as I sit here and wait for them to arrive and complete their 4th cost estimate...I feel the heat rising in my face. I realy need to be praying but alas...I am drinking a caffeine free DIET COKE and listening to the dog wheeze. Let me stop and pray for a sec.......






Okay...I prayed and I KNOW God is faithful but I am feeling a little bit like a "sinner girl" right now!! I just want to string them up and give them "what for" (a southern term for "tell them off!!). However, another little term passed down through the generations in the Whitaker Family tackles the agnst of waiting for a current hardship to be over and done with! For example...my kitchen may take 2 more months to renovate. So, a Whitaker would say, "Oh, you can take 8 more weeks! Why, you could stand on your head and stack greased BBs for 8 weeks!!" Just picture THAT. Me...on my head...stacking greased BBs!! Just picture me on my head. Scary...




AHH!! The door bell....I'll be right back.




Okay...here we go. The head of all things crazy (public works...we will call him PW), the head contractor (we will call him Adolf) and a German contractor who looked just like a puppy dog (we shall call him Rover) all just came and left. They only spoke Deutsch. Great if you are German...not so great if you are me. Anyhoo, Rover is going to go draw up plans for a 4th time, Adolf made the comment that he is leaving work early to go and watch fussball (soccer)...and PW looked tired of me and my kitchen. I have a meeting with the garrison commander today at 4pm. I will let you know the outcome. I know you are anxious.....

No comments: