Thursday, February 25, 2010

Harder Than It Looks

It's no secret that I am a "Stalker of Awesome Blogs"....shall we say, I am a "SAB" and I cannot be stopped! There are so many amazing people "out there"!  You have geniuses in decorating, people who are pure artistes in the kitchen, funny people, amazingly deep people, photography bloggers, parenting bloggers - my head is spinning with all of the ways we can connect with each other.  I am serious when I tell you that my children think I am LIEING when I tell them WE DID NOT HAVE A COMPUTER when I was growing up!  This is not a fairy tale or a "I had to walk uphill both ways to school in the snow to school" story.  It's the truth.  How it's the truth when I am only 29 years old...I don't know.  

Okay....I'll be 41 this year and I played on my sister's ATARI in 1985.  There...

Which brings me to my obessession favorite blog....website....little slice of heaven....THE PIONEER WOMAN.  Seriously - I love Ree, her ranch, those sweet kids of hers, her hunky cowboy husband and all that IS "THE PIONEER WOMAN" and she has no idea I even exist!  What's up with THAT?


You would think she would reach out every once in a while and say, "Hey, FRIEND, thanks for stopping by!".
But, alas....she does not and still...I visit her everyday.  Does that make me weird?  I think not.

The Pioneer Woman frequently has photography contests and I have entered almost everyone.  Have I ever made the top 1000?  Nope....nothing.  I'm starting to doubt my camera lens - because we BOTH know it has nothing to do with my technique - or lack of talent - or complete and utter refusal to read the manual that came WITH my camera last September.

The most recent contest has been "DOG PHOTOGRAPHS".  I'm thinking..."Oh, okay...SHILOH COME HERE SO I CAN TAKE YER PITCHER!!!".....wait, I don't actually talk like that regardless of what my neighbors may tell you....I said, "Hmmmmm.....how hard can this be??"  Just so you know - it's stupid hard.  Shiloh is a nut and if you get within 30 feet of him, he leaps at you and "hugs" you...getting him to pose is utter nonsense!

So, I leave you with this - try taking pictures of YOUR pet and let me know how it goes.  It's nuts and my hat goes off to those of you who capture your pet's personality without incident.  For now, I must capture the essence that IS Shiloh like this...

Jack was saying, "Come on, Buddy...this will be fun..."



Doesn't he look THRILLED?


"I can't see the scoreboard...did I score high enough to win the gold?"


"Have you seen the kids?  They are a lot more fun than you are with that camera..."

And for the ONLY picture where Shiloh sat still...


Oh, dear...that sweet face...
Dear Shiloh...I promise to walk you more and be nicer when you lay on my couch and make it smell like a hound dog - Annnnnnnd.....I promise to stop holding my heart and faking a heart attack when you howl at the neighbors....Amen.



3 comments:

Monkeyz Mommy said...

We have cats and they are very lazy, so it is easy to take their pic. When I was growing up we had a beagle. He was a great, amazing dog. He was very protective of my siblings and I.
Today was the first time I heard about The Pioneer Women, because she was on GMA. They said she gets like 4 million visit to her blog. I think that when they are that big they don't even get a chance to visit other blogs.
BTW thanks for visiting mine. :0)

Scott Thomas Photography said...

Dog photography is much harder than cats or horses. Two other subjects I have photographed.

Those last two photos of Shiloh are precious and worth the effort. The first efforts were very amusing to me though I doubt Shiloh would feel the same. :)

Thank you for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts. Thank you, your husband and your family for the sacrifices you make in defense of our country.

Kitchen Butterfly said...

Aah Christy. If you need me to tell your kids about not having computers growing up.....I can. I'm 33 and we DID NOT have a computer growing up.