"...Can someone please pass the prozac?"














My calendar is a mess right now...notes scribbled ALL over...it makes me nervous!
Seriously? HOW did all of that stuff...that we hardly use (except for the skis!) FIT IN THAT TINY SHED? It's a miracle..and a headache. A sure sign that a family is moving out....the shed throws up on the yard!
I learned a LONG time ago that if you want to prove you had 12 really cool plates from Italy...you had better take a picture (it will last longer....ha ha ha ha ha ha)! You should see Army wives scrambling to photograph all of their things before the packers arrive....talk about a MESS!

My spices...all nestled in a bag with a big "NO" on it. This is the single best way to let the movers/packers know that you don't want them to pack this. Otherwise - you are running around saying "Where did the salt go???" for 2 weeks until reality sinks in and you realize..."THE SALT HAS BEEN PACKED!!! WHY??? WHY I ASK YOU???" (Picture me crying on my knees with my hands raised towards the heavens....). Dramatic??? I think not!
Wanna see rude? Look at me kitchen! Actually, I think they were relieved when they saw this!
"Keep yer paws off my stuff."
Actually...they are all empty... was just trying to save them the trouble of opening and closing the cabinets.
Did I seriously take a picture of a PYREX pie plate? I'm pleading temporary insanity...maybe permanent insanity....I'm not sure yet.
Have you ever wanted to give a sofa to someone for a birthday...Christmas....Easter? Wondered how you would wrap it? Well, wonder no more....my friend here is an expert. Start with the biggest roll of pliable cardboard I have ever seen...and "VOILA"!!!! (see below)
"Merry Christmas!"
I think the kids were thinking all of our "NO" signs were rude....so.....
So much friendlier...don't you think?
How about THIS???

This just screams "Happy Family"!!
And there is nothing like seeing all of the things you live with everyday - loaded up on a truck...you realize that even without it, life goes on and cleaning is easier and well...you COULD live without most of it. So weird...such an interesting perspective!

And so....we are hanging out in a half-empty house....with "government furniture" (furniture the Army provides if you don't have any....) and let me tell ya - life is EASIER!
Look how happy the kids are!!
I made them do the whole "Hear no evil, see no evil, say no evil" thing....and they said,
"I don't get it"....oh...go back to watching television my sweet little zombies!
How sad is THIS? John on his blackberry...Andrew on his MAC....but what I REALLY see...is my shiny clean floor...Oh, YEAH...so easy to clean when there is no furniture in the way.
Right after I took this picture, some guys delivered a sofa and 3 chairs...
So...there you have it....
The thing I want you to take from this is
1) Moving is a blast!
and
2) Moving is a blast!
What a joy to pack up everything you own and move 4000 miles. I'm smiling just thinking about it!
3 comments:
Gee . . my signs say "Bitte packen Sie nicht ein." However, I forgot to guard the scooper for the cat box and it is gone in all it's nasty glory. I guess I should just be grateful they didn't take the cat box.
I cannot believe they wrapped a SOFA?! That is too funny! But I can clearly see the advantages of it! And I almost think I would love staying in Germany :) or maybe that's because we are getting old enough that moving around as we have in the past is getting too difficult and WAY TOO TIRING!
So - where did you move to?!
Every time they wrap a sofa, I LAUGH! It looks so neat and tidy!
We are off to Maryland in one week....ONE WEEK! Where on earth did 5 years go??
Post a Comment