Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Clever Kiss



Even after having lived in Europe for 8 years and tasting ALL SORTS of wonderful chocolates...I still really love a Hershey's kiss.  I don't know why...it's not the creamiest chocolate in the world or the kind that people buy in little papers to put in their best recipes - but a Hershey kiss makes me happy and it's portioned...thank goodness it's portioned.  I find it easier to eat a couple and then walk away (as opposed to the HUGE Reese cup BAR that I saw the other day in the grocery.  Heaven help me!).

So, our sweet friend, Heather came to dinner the other night.  Heather's Mom is ridiculously crafty and talented and ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE who thinks that there is hope for all of us to be as crafty as she is! Heather walked in the door with a little orange and black basket...full of little ribbon tied triangles.  I just looked at her and said, "Of course....".  She laughed.  OF COURSE because her Mom is ALWAYS crafting amazing things and giving them to Heather to give to others.  Nancee is one cool chick.  

With all of the festivities and gatherings coming up for Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Year - I wanted to share this "OH SO CUTE AND CLEVER" idea with you.  Mind you, I felt obligated to eat a couple of the Hershey kisses that were tucked away inside...it was my duty and it was an honor. 

Here we go...


Assemble the little yummy treats that are going to hide inside the package!  Don't they look excited?

Now we are getting crazy!  Cut out a rectangle from a good quality card stock.  This one is 2 inches by 4 inches and holds 4 Hershey kisses nicely.  Then, punch a hole in each of the 4 corners.  AND...fold the paper in half so that you have a crease going through the middle width of the paper.

Now..we are going to fold each of the four corners down.  You may need to experiment because I don't have the exact science here.  This MAY be why I run from some crafts because they require you NOT to scattered and crazy.  It's rare that I am not these things!  True story...
NOTE:  The fold begins and ends at the half way mark...half on the width and half on the length.  Confusing?  I'm sorry...I don't know ANY crating lingo...




People..we are just 4 steps away from cuteness!  Take your sweet little cutting of ribbon and start from the outside and thread through.


Next...just take your ribbon and on the INSIDE...thread through.  See?  Your little corners that I have no idea what angle they are...they start to fold in on your Hershey kisses.  I think those jumped in there without me looking...sneaky little suckers.

Pull that ribbon through and then bring them back towards you!

Goodness....tie that ribbon in a bow and stand back.  You are a certified crafter now...seriously...you are!  Isn't this a sweet way to bless people?  I mean...I will not judge you if you rip open a bag of Hershey kisses and fling them on the table...but...this is SO CUTE AND SWEET!  

ENJOY THE HOLIDAYS!  Be simple..be sweet and be blessed!






No comments: