Sunday, December 26, 2010

Incredibly Complicated Recipe

Because HUNDREDS of people pounded on my virtual door....HUNDREDS and demanded the recipe for my "yummy!" post...I have decided that it is in the best interest of everyone if I just go ahead and post it.  Mind you...I am overwhelmed by the comments left and I can hardly breathe...but I'll give it a whirl.

(Full disclosure:  ONE person asked for the recipe.  She, my wonderful sweet friend Esther, is now the number 1 commenter of the day....Essie - you win a hug from me just as soon as I see you again! Wah Hoo Wah!)

Get ready to drool...


You need 3 things and 3 only:
Pretzels (I use the waffle weave kind..they are hearty and purdy)
Rolos (These must be under witness protection because I find them easiest at a) gas stations or b) Sam's Club.  Why?  I have no idea...but I am always surprised how hard they are to find!)

Pecan Halves  (OR....you can use an M&M if you are making them for kids.  Adults LOVE the pecan....kids tend to spit them out.  Classy...very classy!)

Now:  
1)Preheat your oven to 250 degrees.  
2)Line a cookie sheet with parchment just for easy clean up.  If you don't have parchment...no worries!
3)  Lay your pretzels out in a single layer and pop a rolo on top of each pretzel.

4) Gently place the cookie sheet with pretzels and rolos into the oven. 
5)  Cook for 5-6 minutes.

THESE WERE COOKED TOO LONG.  Still yummy...just MESSY and gooey!

These are just right...a little melted, shiny and ready for the pecan!


Now...get your pecans ready and GENTLY (this is not the time to get crazy in the kitchen...) press a pecan half on the top just until the sides begin to squish out.  I can assure you "just until the sides begin to squish out" is a formal cooking phrase.  

OOOOO.....AHHHHH....


I just noticed that I have no parchment paper here...so, see?  That proves it!  Go rogue...get crazy and cook right on the cookie sheet or stone!  I'm a maniac!


Now:  Listen to this part....you must let these cool and then HIDE THEM!  Hide them as if your life depended on it because your children and husbands will act like dieters just released on parole when you put these out.  Personally, I like to give nasty looks and slap hands...it works and I'm all for what works.

Go forth....make tasty treats and try not to hurt your family when they hurdle the dog to get to them.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!



  


1 comment:

essie said...

oh my stars...
could i love you ANY more?!!

i
think
not.

happy loving wishes for a wonderful year ahead-and maybe a sneak visit with polish pottery involved!

xoxoxoxooxoxoxox