Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Where on Earth Have you Been?

Have you ever had those weeks that blur into each other like sidewalk chalk on a rainy day?  Oh, yes you have!  Seriously...haven't you?  Because if you haven't I feel weird...but if you HAVE...well, then.  We have more in common than we knew!

It seems that I was blindsided by November.  Up until THEN, I was almost normal as a mom.  I was running around for Cross Country, Volleyball and Church....then November, who was sneaking up behind me and giggling with it's little hand over it's mouth, popped up and screamed "BOO!".

November brought Christmas panic, shopping....decorating....planning all of the yummy things that MUST be made.  Then Thanksgiving in Kentucky, the beginning of "Let's get ready for ski season!", more Christmas panic, and then.......the reality of 4 children skiing on an Alpine Racing Team hit.  Holy cow...holy skiing cow....this is a commitment like none other.  We had no idea...although we started to get an idea when people would stop what they were doing and say, "HOW MANY KIDS DO YOU HAVE ON THE TEAM????"....the look on their faces alone would stop a herd of stampeding elephants.  We never considered the pure craziness of all 4 kids competing....thnak goodness because we would have never left one of them off the team.  It's all or nothin' with us, baby!

So, not that you were chewing your nails in the corner and crying out, "WHERE IS CHRISTY?"...but I thought you may have wondered what was going on...when the rest of the world tends to hibernate near their computers and fireplaces...I, my friends, have been skiing....almost everyday...I have gone mad.

Here is how we spend our winters...














Peace out...

3 comments:

essie said...

LOVE it!!!
i miss you but
these pictures are amazing!
where are the kids actually skiing?

Glenda in Florida said...

Actually, I did wonder where you were--I check every day for a new posting. And, I would like to know where the ski slopes are.

christy said...

Hey, purdy ladies! We live near the PA border and ski in PA....Roundtop, Whitetail and Liberty Mountains!