My house has invisible spiders. Seriously...I never see them and yet there are cobwebs everywhere (yes...I suck them down or flail at them with a broom) and occasionally I see things move out of the corner of my eye, but I never see those little guys. But, they are here. One of them bit me...again. This is the 5th time the arachnids have come out of their invisible hiding places, mouths open, bellies empty, hungry for Christy and each time the reaction gets more interesting. I cannot tell you the number of times I have asked the kids and John which foot looks more swollen. They are blind. Half of the time they choose the wrong foot. (By the way...it's the picture on the left that is the spider foot...) Whatever...it is swollen and it is painful and now I am afraid of spiders. I am such a girl.
My neighbor is a general surgeon. But he might as well me called General Surgeon/Neighbor with an advanced medical degree whom we all use for free. I try not to...so it was a lucky break when I ran into his wife yesterday while she was buying ice cream from the ice cream truck for her 6 children. She ran back home and told Dan that a spider had attacked me and that I needed medical attention and that she was sure I wasn't in the mood to go to the clinic - what with the fire and all - and GET OVER THERE! So, here came Dan with a smirk on his face...ready to be Dr. Dan the medicine man in my front yard. He asked questions and compared my feet (he could tell my left one was swollen THANK YOU!) and then he said, "I think you will be okay." I felt silly. I knew THAT. then he said, very seriously, "Let me see your wrists.." I showed him my wrists. Then he said, "Are you feeling sensitive to people coming up behind you? Can you sense them?" And THEN I got it..."DAN!!! I do NOT have Spidey Powers!!!!" he laughed...his wife shook her head and I limped back to my front door. It appears I will live to see another day!
Which brings me to "Kid Powers". Catherine has them. She told me that I couldn't blog this...but I begged and pleaded and she relented. I wanted to know more about these "kid powers". She said that only kids have them and they use them to scan people to know their mood. Emily chimed in that you can activate kid powers by bonking someone hard in the head with YOUR head...then she proceeded to bonk me really hard with HER head...ouch....but I laughed. Emily then said, "okay...I can tell you feel laughy!" Wow...Emily..you are amazing! Catherine said, "no...you don't bonk..." Catherine said kids can scan adults and know their moods, they can get special creativity powers that turn off and on, and they can hide. HUH? HIDE? I think this is another topic for another day. Apparently Catherine needs time alone...and her kid powers assist her. I wish I had kid powers but I may have to stick with spidey powers until Catherine, the Kid Power Jedi Master, can train me. Maybe I will just go bonk her in the head and see what happens.
No comments:
Post a Comment