This is quick. I know, very uncharacteristic of me. But, I am sitting here drinking my coffee and looking at the curtains that took 3 hours to iron and hang last night and I had a thought I wanted to share with you. Wait - 3 hours...yes...it took that long because there are 4 sheers and 4 heavy cotton curtains and I was watching "the Biggest Loser", etc...it was a long process. But, that is SO not the point. Here is the point. German curtains are hung from the ceiling on little tracks. You can sew or clip your curtains to little plastic or metal clips - wrangle them onto the tracks and there you have it....a 3 hour process and heaven forbid you miss a rolly clippy thing because you have already broken into a sweat and lost all feeling in your arm from your first attempt. (Michelle and Dawn - you KNOW what I am talkin' about here!) Putting the clips onto the tracks is a lot like putting shoes on a toddler...it's time consuming.
The plastic clips stink. I like the metal clips because they are like little bitty alligators that grip your curtains and never let go....never....let.....go. Good for hanging, bad for taking down. But yesterday the only clips available were the plastic ones....so I got those. My curtains needed to go back up - the neighbors have seen way more than they need to see. I looked at the clips and thought that they cannot possibly hold my heavy curtains. And then my "AH-HA!!!!" moment came....once you put 25 of them on there and you support them while you hang them (they rip right out if you don't take all of the weight off)....they hang beautifully. They roll around and work like a charm. They are like friends, prayer partners, family....they each hold a little of the weight...and pretty soon...what was wrinkled and draped over the chair is hanging up - supported by 25 friends - all holding on and supporting what they have been "asked" to support. And so to you - my friends and family - I thank you for being my little clippy rolly things. Thank you for taking a little part of me and my life and holding on. You mean the world to me. Without you...I might be still draped over the chair in the corner!
No comments:
Post a Comment