Friday, August 22, 2008

New Teacher

Yesterday the Elementary school posted teachers for the coming school year...and Emily was assigned an amazing teacher! MRS. BENJAMIN!! I just love Sarah Benjamin...she was Catherine's 4th grade yeacher and she is my friend. For whatever reason, the school had not assigned the 1st graders...so Jack and I had to wait until today. We got on our bicycles and rode as fast as we could over to the school......only to find out that Jack's new teacher is "the meanest teacher in Mannheim Elementary" (not my quote....everyone's quote). I felt like someone had punched me. Jack and I rode slowly back home and I was so bummed.........until Jack said, "Mom, I would pull me right out...." The way he said it sounded like the moms that live on my street...as we stand around and chat in the summer afternoons...."Well...I'll just pull my Jack right out of that school!" "I won't take them being unfair"....etc....etc...... Big talk from moms. Really big talk from a mom who has no idea what she is going to do on Monday morning....

1 comment:

Just Katherine--Patron Saint of Hot Messes said...

I'll be praying for you. I know how hard decisions are and you and I both agonize over them. (Remember my endless discussions about whether to send Sarah Katherine to kindergarten early?) I have faith everything will work out and both you and Jack will be fine with your choices. I love you!