Sunday, February 22, 2009

When I Grow Up...I want to be Nana!

We have a little inside joke at our house...and that is..."When I grow up..I want to be Nana!" We are refering to John's 97 year old grandmother, Margaret Vittitow. I have known her for 18 years and from the moment I met her..I just cracked up! She is opinionated, funny, hard of hearing, stubborn, set in her ways and so very active. She plays bridge...has many many friends that love her and she turned 97 years old last Wednesday.



I am happy to report that today, February 22, 2009...she met Jesus and went home.



You heard correctly, she passed on...to her heavenly home and I am simply thrilled. I loved her. And, because I do love her...I know that she would have never settled for or tolerated a long, drawn-out sickness....she would have thrown a fit! She broke her hip about 5 weeks ago...developed pneumonia....and died peacefully with John by her side. She is at peace now.



So...live your life! Enjoy yourself...have lots of friends...surround yourself with people you love...don't waste your time...love your family and treasure your friends...



When you grow up...be Nana...

No comments: