Tuesday, July 21, 2009

If I had to guess....it would be 90% on any given day!



Disclaimer: This blog has NOTHING to do with American leadership. It has everything to do with doing what YOU think is right. There....I said it....






I need for you to sit down. Go on...




I turned on the news the other day and it seems that....hold on, I need a moment....it seems that Barrack Obama's "cool guy" rating has dropped from 8 million % approval to 7.99 million % approval....and, quite frankly...I am stunned. Look at the picture they used on "YAHOO NEWS" to break this to the American public...





Now...isn't THIS a funny picture to put with an "Approval Rating Drop" headline? It's like he is personally looking up at the big American billboard ...watching the rating drop by the second and he is quite frankly.....confused. It's as if he was standing on a decorated stage - giving a rousing speech - when out of the corner of his eye...he sees it. Bloop....blooop....blooooop......numbers dropping like rain. Approval rating numbers. Oh, the confusion....the silence in the audience....all you can hear the moment this photograph was snapped was...........crickets. Crickets and confusion.





Oh, come on...I'm kidding. We all still like the guy well enough. His job is tough and I certainly don't want it (unless of course it involves blogging, hanging out with my awesome kids,and hubby, cooking and snow skiing....which it doesn't....so I'm out) and people aren't throwing tomatoes at him or darts and approval ratings are funny things....I think it's a grand hoot that we even have them.





"Let's see....today is Tuesday....raise your hand if you like Christy...okay,
there we go....I'm sorry Chrsty. 2 less people like you today and we are
going to have to slam you on National televesion. Kay?"




So, I have decided to see how I'm doing here at home. My approval rating is like a roller coaster...babies and husbands can be a little fickle. For example - John is generally pleased as punch with me. After 18 years I've got this guy pegged. He likes the house "picked up" (read: not clean but also not tripping over Legos), he likes his army uniform clean (sooooooo easy to do...wash in cold water and hang on a hanger wet.....), he likes to NOT look for underwear and socks (Never mind that I have to send out a search team for my own underthingies because I like to wash and dry laundry....it's putting it away that gets me) and he likes yummy food (not a problem for me.....cooking is theraputic!). And so...my approval rating generally goes between 99-100% with this guy. If he has to eat oatmeal for breakfast, trip over a lego army on the stairs, look for undies in the laundry room and has to send up flares to find his boots - I hide.....and pretend it's not my fault.






The kids - they are tough to read. So I flat out ask them...."Are you having a good day?"....if I get a glare or a grunt...I take it as a "no".....a hug or a smile or a super hug - oh, yeah....it's a good day. If Jack says the dreaded, "This is the worst day of my life!"...then I give him a bath early and stick him in bed before 9pm....it has nothing to do with approval ratings...it has everything to do with being young and not getting enough fruits, vegetables and sleep. If my approval rating flops with the babies - I usually don't sweat it.





In fact, a bad approval rating with them usually means I'm doing it all RIGHT!




Don't tell them I said that!






And so...this brings me back to this....





I wonder if he REALLY cares that people are not as thrilled with him as they were....say.....2 months ago? Maybe he doesn't. Maybe he feels like I do when the kids don't like me...."This is for the best...". Is it????? I don't know. Remember...I don't WANT to be the President. Here's what I have to say...

1) PRAY for your leaders national, state, city, household.
2) RESPECT your leaders...especially Mommas :)
3) QUESTION leadership when neccessary but don't sound like a boob when you do it. No one likes a boob....oh....that sounds bad.....
4) APPROVAL RATINGS are silly. If what you are doing is right...they may not be high. If what you are doing is wrong....they may not be high.
5) VOTE....because leadership matters and my husband is fighting for your right to vote....so consider it a favor and an early Christmas present when you vote. Military guys and gals thank you!
6) PRAY again....

Okay...that's it. John just informed me that an egg sandwich would be good for breakfast and who am I to mess with my approval rating?



2 comments:

Just Katherine--Patron Saint of Hot Messes said...

Love it!

Anonymous said...

Just stopping over to say hi... I found your blog through The Big Blue House. I love this post!