We love our children because they are all unique in their own ways....
Oh....who am I kidding? I love my kids because they love me more than they love chocolate and and quite frankly they crack me up. I will sometimes just turn off the radio or the television and LISTEN to their unadultrated hysterical conversations...and then I smile and my stress hormones are gone and I consider the afternoon therapy. Cheap and easy therapy.
I sometimes wonder what on earth they do and say and think all day when they are running around our "simply splendid" gated community. Think "prison".....not country club gated community. Say this in a scary German accent: "Vee put up zee gate so you Americans cannot freak out zee locals.....so there." Wait...I'm off of the subject....
What are those babies thinking and doing all day? I see them run past laughing and screaming...and then they are gone. Summer is awesome.
So...last night...Jack crawls in bed with me and lays there very quietly. His little tanned arms are behind his head and he is wearing some "way-too-small" army pajamas...and he says..."I think girls and boys are even....."
Me: "Really? How are we even?"
Jack: "Well, first of all, the boys have to ask the girls out." (ASK THE GIRLS OUT? He's 8!)
Jack: "But the girls have to have the babies." (That's it...I'm not letting him out of my sight EVER AGAIN! PLus...I'm completely intrigued that in Jack's brain "asking a girl out" and "pushing a human out of your body" hold the same weight....)
Jack: (I'm too interested to say anything and mess this up....) "But the boys have to go to Iraq." (He smiles to himself when he says this because there is HOPE in that statement that someone would give Jack a real weapon and a real uniform and a really cool Iraqi dessert picture to show on Facebook...)
Jack: (He now frowns) But the poor girls have to stay behind and take care of things while the boys are in Iraq. (And they say soldiers are the only ones who suffer from PTSD....post traumatic stress syndrome....apparently Jack thinks the "homefront" is it's own little war zone....)
And I look at him....he is very pleased with all of this analyzing....and he's sleepy. And thus concludes another day in Jack's wee little 8 year old head. Thank you for visiting.
2 comments:
So that's all life is about. The guys ask girls out and girls have babies. The end.
It's incredible how their brain works...how certain things hold even weight to them...while you're all, YOU HAVE NO IDEA, KID.
Post a Comment