Friday, October 16, 2009

VICTORY!!!


I am now going to ask for a show of hands.  Who of you has heard and sang the old church song, "VICTORY IN JESUS"?  Raise them high so I can count them....

Here we go...one of my all time favorites that makes me wanna raise my hand and say, "Amen!" right in the middle of church...


"I heard an old old story...How a Savior came from glory...He gave His life on calvary to save a wretch like me.  I heard about His groaning...His precious blood atoning...and I repented of my sins and won the Victory!"  (That's where I say, "AMEN!"  Now keep singing...)

Oh, victory in Jesus..my Savior forever...He sought me and bought me...with His redeeming blood!  He loved me 'ere I knew Him and all my love is due Him.  He plunged me to VICTORY beneath the cleansing flood!"

I get chills...I love that song...it's as old fashioned as flannel jammies and fried apple pies.

Jack likes it too - and he was singing it at the top of his lungs while he played a "Hot Wheels" game tonight on the computer.  When all of a sudden he came to the end...and I almost fell over laughing...

Jack's version goes a little somethin' like this...

"HE PUNCHED ME TO VICTOWEE...WITH HIS BIG DEMON BWOOD!"

Okay...now THAT gives me chills....demon blood...yikes.

That's my boy!  Keep singing, sweetie...God knows the words!



No comments: