The school bus is a vicious place - according to my 13 year old perfectly sensitive Catherine. I mean VI-SHUSH! These kids are bonkers..they throw, they curse, they stomp and gnash their teeth...wait...this sounds a lot like "Where the Wild Things Are". I'm thinking Bus 667 IS where the wild things are...the wild middle and high schoolers. Because of these unruly rascals, Catherine's heart is sad for her 70 year old bus driver. I feel sorry for him too...and I have offered to drive Catherine to school but she "likes" to chat with her friends and I think she feels independent riding that big yellow monster 15 miles to school...and so she remains.
Today she said she would like to make something for the bus driver.....anything. Cookies? (She is cruising around in the tiny pantry now)....Brownies? Cake? MOM????? WHAT DO WE HAVE SO I CAN MAKE A TREAT FOR MY BUS DRIVER BECAUSE THE KIDS ARE AWFUL AND I WANT HIM TO KNOW I AM NOT A BAD KID AND I BET HE WOULD LIKE A TREAT FOR FRIDAY AND DO WE HVE ANYTHING AT ALL?? Mom? MOM?????
Me: yes? You want to make something?
Catherine: Yes because the kids are awful and I just feel so bad for the bus driver I mean he tries really hard to make them stop acting crazy but those kids are like animals and I feel like their parents should make them stop but they won't....
Me: Cat...I got it.
Catherine: Oh, okay...well...ummm....do we have anything?
Me: Let's see, I need to go to the grocery anyway and maybe....
Cat: PUMPKIN BREAD!!! I think pumpkin bread would be nice it's so "fallish" and I bet he would like that okay mom?
Me: Okee Dokee....
Alright...I'm done...you don't have to listen to my back and forth conversation but let me just tell you something on this "OH SO AWESOME" Fall Day! This pumpkin bread recipe ROCKS...I printed it off of "TASTY KITCHEN.COM" and I must share it with you. We doubled the batch and it made a TON of bread (mini loaves, half loaves, jumbo muffins....YOU NAME IT...WE BAKED IT!). ALSO...on the top I sprinkled regular oats mixed with cinnamon and brown sugar. Good Googley Moogley....you are going to thank me for this.
Super Moist Pumpkin Bread
by "destinyjoyful" on TASTY KITCHEN.com
Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees
Mix your dry ingredients...then dump in the wet....mix up...and divvy amongst your favorite muffin tins, loaf pans, etc! Try not to bite your hand when you go nuts eating the hot bread! :)
3 cups white sugar
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 t baking powder
1/2 tablespoon baking powder
3 t pumpkin pie spice
4 whole eggs
1 can pumpkin (15 ounces)
1 cup canola oil
1 cup water
Top it with a generous pinch of regular oatmeal, cinnamon and brown sugar. Again...no guidelines because I'm as scattered as the wind these days!
Baking time will vary because I'm too scattered to know how much time it took....I just eyeballed it every once in a while.
You are welcome!

1 comment:
What a sweet kid with a big heart for being so thoughtful and wanting to brighten someone's day. We need more people like Cat in the world.
Post a Comment