Saturday, October 23, 2010

Picnik

No...I didn't spell it wrong - you spell it "PICNIK" and I think it should be deleted from my computer because I have no control when I am logged in. You see...Picnik is like "Photoshop"...but not as advanced, much easier and not as .....safe in my hands.  I see people create these beautiful edits with Photoshop...I'm sure some very nice folks tweak and tamper in an extremely tantalizing way with Picnik - I am ashamed to say I am not one of them.

I present the evidence...

A goofy picture of my sweet girl...a really goofy picture...


And now the picnik version...


See what I mean?  I was actually pretty proud of my insane Halloween editing skills...until I emailed it to my Mom and she said..."OOOOO....that's awful!  Don't do that again..."

Yes, M'am...

But then I disobeyed.....because I'm 41 now and I feel like I can.

Picture #1 - This time of my 15 year old..looking dull and "Mom, stop taking my picture..." - but again, I disobeyed.


And the Picnik version...again...festive and frightening!


My Mom did not really like this one either.  I think she prefers no spiderwebs and less lightening.

SO...I attempted to redeem myself.  Attempted...

Here is my nephew, Del.  I could literally eat him...on a cracker...with a glass of tea!


And now...the "woo hoo" version!!




Aren't you happy I didn't make his skin green?  No lightning bolts menacingly coming at his head from the right corner?  You ARE proud of me?  THANK YOU!  I'll tell my Momma...I'm sure she will agree that while PICNIK can be used for making children into Halloween haunts - it's much nicer to take a perfectly adorable toddler...and enhance his cuteness with little changes here and there.

Try it today!  Some of it's free and the "premium" only costs $24.95 a year - and before you ask - Picnik doesn't know me, care about my ghoulish kids or my adorable nephew.  But, they SHOULD!

Over and out.













2 comments:

Just Katherine--Patron Saint of Hot Messes said...

Those are great. SK uses it all the time, but I'm scared to--I'm not sure I know how.

Jennifer Nowak said...

The real question might be what your kids did to promt you to ghoul them. :-) Did John get Ghouled? How about Shilo???